• Adds 10GBASE-T (Copper) 10GbE Connectivity—Adds an RJ45 10 Gigabit Ethernet port to your computer with Thunderbolt 2 ports
• Cost-Effective—Low-cost adapter connects to 10GbE infrastructure via inexpensive Cat 6 or Cat 6A cables at distances up to 55 or 100 meters, respectively
• 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 Interface—Connects to any Thunderbolt 2 computer port, or at the end of a Thunderbolt 2 device daisy chain
• Supports NBASE-T™ (Multi-Gigabit) Standard—5 Gb/s and 2.5 Gb/s speeds supported over inexpensive Cat 5e (or better) cabling at distances up to 100 meters when used with a multi-Gigabit switch or router
• Advanced Features—Audio Video Bridging (IEEE 802.1Qav, AVB) and Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) supported
• Easy Setup—Configured through macOS® Network control panel or Windows Device Manager
• Small and Silent—Adapter is pocketable and uses no fan, perfect for use in noise-sensitive environments
• Bus-Powered, Energy Efficient—Powered through its Thunderbolt connection, the Solo10G requires no power adapter
• Rugged Construction—Aluminum enclosure withstands heavy use
• U.S. Government Information Systems Compliant*
• Free Lifetime Technical Support
—Super-Fast 10GBASE-T Connectivity Now at a Breakthrough Price for Thunderbolt 2—
Video content creation and output has moved on from 1080p HD to 4K and beyond, ushering in 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) as the new networking standard for post-production shared storage workgroups and other bandwidth-intensive workflows. On the infrastructure side, low-priced 10GbE switches with RJ45 (copper) have cut the cost of set up, resulting in very rapid adoption. The problem is, most computers aren’t equipped to get you connected. For computers with a Thunderbolt™ 2 port, there is now an equally affordable 10GbE adapter—Sonnet’s Solo10G™ Thunderbolt 2 Edition, a powerfully simple solution for adding blazing-fast 10GBASE-T 10GbE network connectivity to Mac and Windows computers with Thunderbolt 2 ports.
Equipped with a single RJ45 socket, the Solo10G adapter connects to 10GbE infrastructure via inexpensive Cat 6 or Cat 6A copper cabling at distances up to 55 or 100 meters, respectively. Oh, and it’s the lowest-priced Thunderbolt 2 10GbE adapter available.
—NBASE-T Support for Faster Transfers Across Existing Cabling—
If your facility has CAT 5e wiring installed already, you can still get a great performance gain—from 250 to 500 percent over Gigabit Ethernet speed—without rewiring! The Solo10G adapter supports the NBASE-T industry-standard of 2.5/5 Gb link speeds, which enables greater than Gigabit Ethernet speeds over Cat 5e (or better) cabling when used with an NBASE-T compatible (multi-Gigabit) switch or router. Now you can deploy the same adapter across your organization for users supported by different Ethernet cabling infrastructures.
The Solo10G Thunderbolt 2 Edition adapter was engineered with security features essential to today’s users. Incorporating encryption in hardware, the Sonnet network adapter is protected against malicious firmware modification which could enable covert computer access—instead, any unauthorized attempt to modify the firmware renders the adapter inoperable. These security features prevent the Solo10G adapter from being reprogrammed, except by a manufacturer’s update using a secure encryption key.