• Connects a PCIe Expansion Card to Computers Without Slots—Use high-performance PCIe cards with any Mac® or Windows® computer with a Thunderbolt™ 3 port
• One PCIe 3.0 x8 Slot—Supports low-profile card
• 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface—Offers 2,750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth, doubling the performance of Thunderbolt 2
• Full Performance in a Small and Light Package— Smallest Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion system available, supports the most popular low-profile, Thunderbolt-compatible PCIe cards at full performance
• Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Ports—One port reserved for connection to the computer; second Thunderbolt 3 port supports daisy chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices, a USB 3 Gen 1 (5Gb) or Gen 2 (10Gb) peripheral device, or one 5K or two 4K displays.
• Remarkably Quiet—Temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan automatically and quietly cools the card
• Energy Saver Mode—Powers on/off automatically with the computer
• Rugged Aluminum Housing—Provides robust and secure protection for use in any environment
• Power for Peripherals—Provides up to 15 watts of power to connected peripheral or host
• Thunderbolt Cable & ThunderLok Included—Includes 0.7-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable and ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
• Free Lifetime Technical Support
—Connect a Low-Profile PCIe Card to Computers Without Expansion Slots—
Are you in the market for a new computer? It’s amazing how much processing power the latest ultra-light notebooks, small form factor computers, and all-in-one desktops pack in such small and thin enclosures. But, thinness comes with a cost—there’s nowhere for you to install PCIe cards for the additional connectivity and processing capabilities beyond what’s offered by a computer’s standard ports. Although thin Mac and Windows computers with Thunderbolt™ 3 ports offer processing power to spare, for many users, such as pros in the creative fields, onboard processing power alone is not enough. Fortunately, your choices are not limited to desktop workstations—think external. Sonnet’s Echo™ Express SEL (Thunderbolt 3 Edition) enables you to connect a single low-profile PCIe card outside of the computer. Through its x8 PCIe 3.0 slot, this little expansion system supports many Thunderbolt-compatible 16Gb and 8Gb Fibre Channel, 40Gb and 10 Gigabit Ethernet, video capture and processing, SAS and SATA host bus adapters, and RAID controller cards.
The Echo Express SEL - Thunderbolt 3 Edition features 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3, which offers double the PCIe bandwidth and connectivity of Thunderbolt 2, and yields up to 2,750 MB/s of bandwidth, enabling it to support 4K video capture and processing cards at high frame rates, and 16Gb FC cards and dual-port 10GbE cards at full performance. With the ability to handle the most demanding, highest performance PCIe cards, support for connecting two 4K displays @ 60Hz or one 5K display @ 60Hz, and support for a vast array of Thunderbolt and USB devices, Thunderbolt 3 is a leap forward in every way.