Shown with GPU card installed; sold separately
• Boosts Graphics Performance—Connects a high-performance GPU card to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
• Cuts Application Task Times—Enables GPU acceleration to significantly improve editing, rendering, color grading, animation, and special effects performance.
• 750W Power Supply—Supports the power requirements of the latest compatible GPU cards; future-proof design handles higher power requirements of cards to come.
• Supports Many of the Latest GPU Cards—Includes AMD Radeon VII, RX, RX Vega, Pro W and Pro WX models; and NVIDIA GeForce RTX series, TITAN, and Quadro models.
• Multi-eGPU Acceleration Support—Connect two, three, or four eGPU Breakaway Boxes to slash task times on supported applications.
• Quietest Configurable eGPU System Available—Large built-in, variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan quietly and effectively cools whatever card you install.
• Single-Port 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface—Ensures full 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth is dedicated to the installed card.
• Thunderbolt Certified, Mac and Windows Compatible—Compatible with Mac and Windows computers with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
— Transform Your Thunderbolt Computer Into a Graphics Workstation—
Whether you’re editing, rendering, color grading, animating or creating special effects, many of the pro applications you use rely on desktop and workstation graphics (GPU) cards to do the heavy lifting in processing data. Unfortunately, many popular computers are equipped only with integrated graphics or low-power discrete GPUs that bottleneck performance when performing these tasks. Happily, there’s a simple path to greater productivity—add a Sonnet external GPU (eGPU). The eGPU Breakaway Box 750 Thunderbolt 3 to GPU PCIe card expansion system boosts your eGPU-compatible computer’s graphics performance by connecting a high-performance GPU card to your computer via a single cable.
— Future-proof Upgrade—
With each new generation of GPU cards, users can look forward to a step (or leap) forward in performance. Less predictable is how much power they will require to operate—better performance frequently requires increased power. For eGPU users, power consumption can be a concern. Don’t limit your future card choices—choose a Sonnet eGPU Breakaway Box 750. Equipped with a 750W power supply, this Sonnet chassis easily supports the highest power demands of latest GPUs and has plenty of extra power to support GPU cards from generations to come.
— No Compromise GPU Card Choice—
The eGPU Breakaway Box 750 system is designed specifically to accommodate the most power-hungry double-width GPU cards. It supports Thunderbolt-compatible cards with popular GPU chipsets—such as AMD Radeon RX series (including VEGA GPUs); and NVIDIA GeForce series and TITAN GPUs. Even the latest pro cards—AMD Radeon Pro and NVIDIA Quadro GPUs—are supported! (Note that macOS supports only AMD GPU cards in eGPU systems, while Windows supports AMD and NVIDIA cards.) With a GPU card installed, a Breakaway Box functions as a simple plug-in upgrade to significantly accelerate the demanding needs of your video production workflow.
See the latest list of supported graphics cards at https://www.sonnettech.com/support/downloads/manuals/Compatibility_Graph...
* See Sonnet website for details